As you will be aware Dublin Bus met with your council recently to advise you of changes to services on routes in the North Wicklow area. This follows an assessment of customer travelling patterns following service changes in 2010. A key element of the 2010 changes was the improved service on offer in the area, in particular the Route 145. Since its introduction, the high frequency Route 145 has caused significant changes in customer travel patterns with a migration of passengers from other bus routes in the area (45/45a/84/84x) to Route 145. As a result of the success of the revised Route 145, Dublin Bus is revising the bus network in the North Wicklow area.
Following these meetings a number of adjustments have been made which address the majority of requests, where possible.
In summary the revised network will provide the following benefits:
· Route 145 will continue to provide a high frequency service to Heuston Rail Station
· A 33% increase in departures on route 84x
· Additional capacity will be realised on the outbound departures on route 84x for Donnybrook and Belfield as a result of adjusted city centre stopping locations
· An increase in services from Newcastle/Kilcoole to Bray DART Station
· An increase in service frequency from Oldcourt (Boghall Road)
· Improved integration with timetables
· Direct linkages to Cherrywood Luas & Blackrock with improved frequency of service
- Route 45 & 84 to be amalgamated and operate as follows: Newcastle/Kilcoole to Blackrock (Main Street) via Greystones, Bray, Shankill, Cherrywood Luas, Cornelscourt, Clonkeen Road, and Deans Grange. This service will continue to provide an hourly service between Bray and Kilcoole/Newcastle.
- Route 45a will operate from Old Court to Dún Laoghaire via Boghall Road, Vevay Road, Bray, Shankill, Loughlinstown and Glenageary. It will operate to demand at peak times and twice hourly during the daytime.
- No changes to routes 145,184,185
This application is being assessed by the National Transport Authority. When a decision is made Dublin Bus will advise all locally elected representatives with full details of changes, including timetables and stops.
Media and Communications Department
Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
P: 01-703 3143 E: firstname.lastname@example.org